This comes from my beautiful and talented Pilates instructor, Marena.
I’ve asked Marena to assist me with some Pilates information, fitness tips and so on.
This is her first contribution…I hope it inspires you to give Pilates a try.
I find it to be amazing and wonderful. It’s reshaping my body, makes me feel good and it’s helping me get in better shape.
I’m stronger and more fit and that’s definitely from doing Pilates.
Try it…it’s truly amazing and you’ll love it!
“I must be right. Never an aspirin. Never injured a day in my life. The whole country, the whole world, should be doing my exercises. They’d be happier.” – Joseph Pilates, in 1965, age 86.
Runner or golfer, tennis player or new mom, chances are you’ve heard someone talking about the benefits of Pilates. Many types of people, at all levels of fitness who start a Pilates program say they’ve seen improvements in range of motion, flexibility, circulation, posture, and abdominal strength – and decreases in back neck, and joint pain.
Here are some of the many benefits of incorporating Pilates into your life:
1. Pilates strengthens your “core,” your abdominal and spinal muscles, which are your “powerhouse” muscles.
- Pilates tones your body and helps you develop long and lean muscles.
- Pilates helps you learn to better control your posture and alignment. Your body will become safer and more efficient in its movement.
- Pilates increases your flexibility.
- Pilates helps you develop a mind / body connections, which increase your awareness of your body.
- Pilates encourages you to focus on breath, which can decrease stress anxiety and muscle tension.
For National Nutrition Month:
Check out this link for some articles on Eating For Weight Loss. Check them out.